Cer to crt

mastinder singh

Sep 16, 2015, 3:08:12 AM9/16/15
to devops-toolchain
i have got response from windows ca server which is in format of cer.I want to use this in Apache which accept .crt format .How I can convert the format.

Thanks,
Mastinder

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Brad Knowles

Sep 16, 2015, 4:26:35 AM9/16/15
to devops-t...@googlegroups.com, Brad Knowles

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=convert+ssl+certificate+cer+to+crt

--
Brad Knowles <br...@shub-internet.org>

signature.asc

rosh...@gmail.com

Oct 29, 2015, 6:57:24 AM10/29/15
to devops-toolchain

I assume that you have a .cer file containing PKCS#7-encoded certificate data and you want to convert it to PEM-encoded certificate data (typically a .crt or .pem file).  You can convert PKCS#7 data into PEM format by this command on a file we'll call certfile.cer:

openssl pkcs7 -text -in certfile.cer -print_certs -outform PEM -out certfile.pem

Note that a .cer or .pem file might contain one or more certificates (possibly the entire certificate chain).

Other wise CER and CRT extensions mean nothing. Different PKI vendors use different extensions for the same thing.

- Roshith