Manager of Configuration Manager

Diego Lagos

Nov 3, 2015, 4:45:29 PM11/3/15
to devops-toolchain
Hello,

I would kindly ask for advice.

We currently use a Configuration Management (puppet like), to configure our products, with the support of a web console (custom), which has a structure of data to be passed to the scripts of CM.

The problem is that we are realizing that this view is becoming a limit.

There is a product that simplifies the management of information, of each nodes, and the information of all the applications that must be installed and configured within them.
e.g. Databases, hosts, users, custom parameters, etc.

Thanks a lot.

Fran Rodríguez

Nov 4, 2015, 6:36:45 AM11/4/15
to devops-toolchain
Hi there,

You would take a look to http://theforeman.org/.

Cheers

Rohit Jainendra

Nov 4, 2015, 9:54:14 AM11/4/15
to devops-toolchain
Hi Diego, take a look at http://electric-cloud.com/products/electricflow/

Disclosure: I work for EC. Happy to have a private conversation on the topic (rj at electric-cloud dot com).

Diego Lagos

Nov 7, 2015, 4:31:23 PM11/7/15
to devops-toolchain
thank you guys for your answers, just have a bit of time trying to make a poc to understand what is the best way for me.

and will update the results

Daniel Berg

Nov 8, 2015, 9:12:30 AM11/8/15
to devops-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi Diego,

UrbanCode Deploy is worth a look.

Note, I do work for IBM but I also use UCD for services that we develop in the cloud. Happy to discuss further.

Regards,
Dan

Sent from my iPhone

Joaquin Menchaca

Nov 10, 2015, 3:11:08 PM11/10/15
to devops-toolchain
What Configuration Management system do you use?