Notification system out there

Tommy

Mar 7, 2017, 5:32:10 AM3/7/17
to devops-toolchain
Hi all,

Not necessarily a DevOps question, but I wanted to ask the brain trust here what Notification systems / services you are using. Specifically:

* handles email templates
* can send email and SMS
* handles response of the send status. For example, if the email bounced back or SMS send unsuccessfully.

Looking to replace an unreliable proprietary system.

Thanks in advance

Tommy

Marcelo Ancelmo

Mar 7, 2017, 5:49:17 AM3/7/17
to devops-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tommy,

. I've used both PagerDuty and VictorOps, and they can handle your requirements. It is just a matter of which one suits you better.

. Give them a try, they are both reliable and asy to learn.

Kind Regards,
Marcelo Ancelmo

Sent from BlueMail

Tommy

Mar 7, 2017, 5:03:11 PM3/7/17
to devops-toolchain
HI Marcelo,

Thanks for that. I guess I don't mean PagerDuty sort of notification. This is more for users and customers rather than notification for incidents.

Tommy

Thomas Vincent

Mar 7, 2017, 5:33:52 PM3/7/17
to Tommy, devops-t...@googlegroups.com
Status.io is cost effective and fits the bill for what your looking for.