BizDevOps & Continuous Quality

Joaquin Menchaca

Nov 10, 2015, 3:23:39 PM11/10/15
to devops-toolchain
Anyone heard of these?

I imagined that BizDevOps is saying that business requirements are important as well.  Often in Agile, it is assumed that the previous skill set form things like Business Analysis and Project Management would be integrated by individuals and captured the stories.  However, these are often fallen to the way side, and so their is a new realization to integrate these things into DevOps lifecycle under the context of iterative continuous lifecycles popular in Agile web development environments.

Another one is Continuous Quality, I have been seeing pop up in a few places.  This is my take on this is that in some Agile environments, quality has been subordinated to becoming check-boxes of feature completion for development.  Final systems and integration testing is no longer realized to be important, and then you get into scenarios where "it works in Dev, Ops problem now".  The idea I would think for this would be to have post artifact deployment testing, such as blue-green continuous delivery patterns.  There's a need to test the distributed application as close as it should be to production.

But I am completely guessing at this, anyone come across this or use these?  What do they mean to you?

Tim Brown

Nov 10, 2015, 3:58:05 PM11/10/15
to devops-t...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like someone is attempting to invent new buzzwords to make themselves feel good. (or look good to their managers)

I've not seen either of these in the field.    Perhaps "Continuous Quality" is someone's mislabeling of "Continuous Improvement"?

James S White

Nov 11, 2015, 4:03:29 AM11/11/15
to devops-t...@googlegroups.com
As if "DevOps" wasn't exactly that.