Bug: wrong documentation in the app

Yusuf Iskenderoglu

Jun 12, 2013, 4:58:24 PM6/12/13
to devil...@googlegroups.com
Hey!

Today, I wanted to use the "set_window_opacity" function to make my
gnome-terminal transparent, since gnome 3.8 has that feature disabled.
After installing the debian package, the lua interpreter moaned
"set_window_opacity", as described in the documentation, would not exist
as a function.

Indeed, having downloaded the source, it looks like the method is called
"set_opacity" (which also works)

./src/script.c: lua_register(lua, "set_opacity", c_set_opacity);

So,

Can you maybe consider updating the documentation?

Thanks!
Yusuf.
signature.asc

Andreas Rönnquist

Jun 12, 2013, 5:09:15 PM6/12/13
to devil...@googlegroups.com
Thank you! I have updated the documentation, and also the code - Now
set_opacity and set_window_opacity will both do the same thing, and
this is reflected in the documentation too.

It is committed to the git repo, and will be available in the 0.29
release (I haven't planned on when this will be though, 0.28 is pretty
recent).

Thank you!
-- Andreas Rönnquist
gus...@gusnan.se
signature.asc

Andreas Rönnquist

Jun 12, 2013, 5:12:16 PM6/12/13
to devil...@googlegroups.com
that should be 0.30 and 0.29 respectively of course - 0.29 is already
released... :)

-- Andreas Rönnquist
gus...@gusnan.se
signature.asc