Decorate and Undecorate windows based on state.

Ryan Hasse

Oct 31, 2013, 9:19:14 AM10/31/13
to devil...@googlegroups.com
So, I can successfully decorate and undecorate a window based on if it's maximized or not, but devilspie2 only does so when it's first run or when new windows are created. Is there a way to keep checking for changes in existing windows so that they can be decorated or undecorated depending on whether they're maximized or not?

han...@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2014, 5:42:16 AM6/6/14
to devil...@googlegroups.com
On Thursday, October 31, 2013 9:19:14 AM UTC-4, Ryan Hasse wrote:
So, I can successfully decorate and undecorate a window based on if it's maximized or not, but devilspie2 only does so when it's first run or when new windows are created. Is there a way to keep checking for changes in existing windows so that they can be decorated or undecorated depending on whether they're maximized or not?

Kludgy workaround - "-a" flag, either via cron (max once a minute) or set up a background while/sleep looping script.

Note you'll have to set up an isolated script for just those programs, or you'll never be able to manually move windows around 8-)