How to undecorate miximized windows?

christo...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2012, 8:03:10 AM6/27/12
to devil...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'll Like to set up a rule saying "please undecorate maximized windows"
i.e. a window having the following X properties:
_NET_WM_STATE(ATOM) = _NET_WM_STATE_MAXIMIZED_VERT, _NET_WM_STATE_MAXIMIZED_HORZ

Is there a way to do it?

Regards

Andreas Rönnquist

Jun 27, 2012, 8:54:56 AM6/27/12
to devil...@googlegroups.com
Hey, unfortunately, at this moment it isn't. I noticed I havn't
implemented the wnck functions wnck_window_is_maximized -
I will get on it right away.

You can expect a fix in the git version very soon that will allow
something like this:

if (is_window_maximized()) then
undecorate_window();
end

best regards
/Andreas

signature.asc

Andreas Rönnquist

Jun 27, 2012, 9:58:58 AM6/27/12
to devil...@googlegroups.com

---------- 8< ----------

> You can expect a fix in the git version very soon that will allow
> something like this:
>
> if (is_window_maximized()) then
> undecorate_window();
> end

Alright, I have committed a fix adding get_window_is_maximized,
get_window_is_maximized_horisontally and
get_window_is_maximized_vertically functions -

Are you running the git version? In that case, could you please try
them out? - a function like

if (get_window_is_maximized()) then
undecorate_window();
end

should work fine. (You might have to maximize the window after
undecorating... I am not 100 % sure.)

/Andreas Rönnquist
gus...@gusnan.se
signature.asc

christo...@gmail.com

Jun 28, 2012, 5:34:16 AM6/28/12
to devil...@googlegroups.com

Are you running the git version? In that case, could you please try
them out?

 It works fine, thank you!

should work fine. (You might have to maximize the window after
undecorating... I am not 100 % sure.)

 No, I do not need to re-maximize after undercorating.

Best regards
Christophe