Code commited allowing handling closing windows too

Devilspie2

Jan 30, 2013, 3:15:44 PM1/30/13
to Devilspie2 Google Group
Hi guys!

I have commited the stuff that I have mentioned in the last mail, and
merged it into the master branch.

Also I have made the code share Lua environment between files, which
means you can define functions in one file and call them in another
(amongst other things) - not only environment is kept between different
runs of the same file, but between all files that are used.
- Could you guys please try out all this stuff and report bugs and
problems if you find them?

The table name for "window closing" scripts is called
"scripts_window_close", for example:

scripts_window_close = {
"test1.lua",
"test2.lua"
}

If a file is in the folder where we read scripts, but not in this list,
it will be handled as a standard devilspie2 script, that is when
windows are opened.

and this table should be placed in the file ~/.config/devilspie2.lua.

thanks in advance, and thanks to all of you for using devilspie2.
-- Andreas Rönnquist
devil...@gusnan.se
--
_
( ) ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail

Devilspie2

Jan 31, 2013, 8:06:29 PM1/31/13
to devil...@googlegroups.com
> The table name for "window closing" scripts is called
> "scripts_window_close", for example:
>
> scripts_window_close = {
> "test1.lua",
> "test2.lua"
> }
>
> If a file is in the folder where we read scripts, but not in this
> list, it will be handled as a standard devilspie2 script, that is when
> windows are opened.
>
> and this table should be placed in the file ~/.config/devilspie2.lua.

Gah, that filename should of course be

~/.config/devilspie2/devilspie2.lua

Sorry about that -