Re: ODL Launch

Andy Soell

Jan 21, 2013, 11:27:48 AM1/21/13
to devic...@googlegroups.com
We've only been open for a couple of months now, but we've mostly depended on social media to get the word out. We do have a dedicated page on the site of the coworking space we're housed at (http://clintonvillesaltmines.com/devicelab) and we post regular updates on the coworking space's Twitter and Facebook accounts.

This past weekend, we also hosted a BlackBerry Port-A-Thon (http://clintonvillesaltmines.com/blog/bb10portathon) to draw some developers in. RIM was kind enough to contribute a couple of Playbooks and BlackBerry 10 test devices for us to use, and we were able to get a handful of developers in the space to check it out. We're thinking of holding regular (bi-monthly) hack-a-thons to feature the lab and encourage developers to use it and spread the word.

On Monday, January 21, 2013 10:41:37 AM UTC-5, Andrea Crevola wrote:
Hi,

what have you done to launch your ODL? Have you published a dedicated website? Organized a public presentation of the lab? Sent a newsletter to your contacts? other ideas?
what kind of feedback have you received?

Andrea