Re: What's happening in Antwerp.

Message has been deleted

Senne Van Den Bogaert

Nov 14, 2012, 7:04:30 AM11/14/12
to devic...@googlegroups.com
Calling all developers in the area of Antwerp: let's build the first open device lab in Belgium!

Andre Jay Meissner

Nov 14, 2012, 7:50:41 AM11/14/12
to devic...@googlegroups.com
That's awesome Senne, cool the webpage is online now! But it's unclear to me if this is still up and running or just looking for participants to become established.

Don't you already have some starting set of devices? Can you list them on the webpage? It looks like there aren't any available yet.

People on the list willing to help Senne's lab to grow, please retweet https://twitter.com/sennevdb/status/268686696386797568, thanks.

My quick 3 cents, gotta run,
*Jay

Senne Van Den Bogaert

Nov 14, 2012, 8:20:43 AM11/14/12
to devic...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jay,

The purpose of the current website is to announce that we have a place and the necessary facilities to get this thing going. Sadly, we have no devices yet. (I'll make that more clear on the website.) I'm going to donate my iPhone 3GS in a few weeks when my iPhone 5 finally arrives and I've talked to some companies who are willing to donate a few devices. Later this week I'm planning to contact more companies personally.

My aim is to have at least 10 devices before the end of this year. I think that's a good number to start with.

Senne

Andre Jay Meissner

Nov 14, 2012, 8:31:31 AM11/14/12
to devic...@googlegroups.com
Hey Senne,

happy to see you've just applied for lab-up.org which I think is an awesome idea! ;oD= We'll forward your details to a bunch of device manufacturers these days, so hopefully that situation changes soon.

Have you considered contacting local press, telling the story of your lab and why it matters, and reaching out to the Antwerp people (and businesses) for donations via this way? It makes an awesome story and pictures (lend some devices when the photographer pops around!!) for the local newspaper.

Also try to reach out to bigger local businesses, that most likely have elder business devices rot in some facility managers drawer, waiting for you to pop around and pick them up.

All the best with your startup!

Von: Senne Van Den Bogaert <senn...@gmail.com>
Antworten an: "devic...@googlegroups.com" <devic...@googlegroups.com>
Datum: KW 46 | Mittwoch, 14. November 2012 13:04
An: "devic...@googlegroups.com" <devic...@googlegroups.com>

Calling all developers in the area of Antwerp: let's build the first open device lab in Belgium!

Senne Van Den Bogaert

Nov 14, 2012, 8:49:25 AM11/14/12
to devic...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jay,

Great! Thanks for the tips and for sending my contact details to those manufacturers.

We've considered to contact the press and we're planning to do that in the near future. We're also thinking of hosting an event with presentations and workshops about web development when we officially launch. That should create some extra buzz too.

I'll keep you posted!
Senne