lab-up.org

Andre Jay Meissner

Sep 21, 2012, 10:24:59 AM9/21/12
to devic...@googlegroups.com
We've just launched http://lab-up.org, to help people to establish Open
Device Labs around the globe. Here is a blogpost I wrote on the project:
http://klk.as/P3WTAl

As per the software discussion in this list we took the chance to survey
applicants on that. Will provide feedback as soon as there is a
representative picture.

Based off lab-up.org our discussions with some device manufacturers
already have effect on the problems discussed in this list. One
manufacturer momentarily jumped on the tax issue with donations vs. loans
etc. in several countries. They have taken our inspiration to immediately
sit down and brainstorm a way to hand out devices without putting a burden
to the receiver - also they want to revise their loan program, where the
receiver currently would be held liable if a device gets damaged or lost,
which is also sort of inacceptable for ODL admins.

We'd really appreciate your feedback and any contribution to the program.
Especially, since this is the toughest part of getting an ODL up and
running, we'd love if you could share possible sponsors contacts (not only
device manufacturers, also think of Wifi gear and accessories, even data
plans/SIMs) with us, to be provided to others. Due to geo responsibilities
and people changing to other companies it will continue to stay tough to
have a valid contact to every relevant manufacturer in the future. We
really appreciate your input and suggest to direct this to
he...@lab-up.org (this list is public and people may not like to see their
coordinates publicly).

Thanks,
*Jay

Hi from Bruce and Viljami as well! ;)

--

Andre Jay Meissner
BDM/DevRel Web & Mobile, Adobe Systems GmbH, HR München HRB 111128

My Blog: http://klick-ass.com
app.net: http://alpha.app.net/klick_ass
Twitter: http://twitter.com/klick_ass