DHDC #4: this Saturday, April 23

Dave Rooney

Apr 20, 2011, 5:39:12 PM4/20/11
to devhousedc-a...@googlegroups.com

Hackers and Creatives – it’s time for another DevHouse!

RSVP at Eventbrite.

DHDC is going back to its roots for event number 4! The next DHDC will be on Saturday, April 23 from 1pm – Midnight. We’ll be hosting at The Consulate, the personal residence of two of our organizers. (Think back to the scrappy days of LAN parties and hacked wireless connections!).

This is a downtown DC location, 2 blocks from Shaw metro station.

Spend the day geeking out on whatever it is you do, sharing your excitement and knowledge with others, brainstorming, and meeting other DC geeks. If you like to like to code, craft, compose, compile, commune, create, collaborate, cogitate, communicate, or even just build Legos, then we have a place for you! Physical projects– puzzles, electronics, structural engineering experiments, chemistry (please no hazardous substances), etc.– have a place here too. As usual, Lightning talks will be held mid-evening– and then we all go back to our projects.

Dinner (with vegetarian option) will be ordered and there will be a suggested donation of $5-$10. Some drinks and snacks will be provided. Additional contributions of drinks and/or homemade food items (creative projects in and of themselves!) are encouraged. Pursuit of the Balmer peak is acceptable but please remember this is an all-ages and family friendly event.

Read more about DHDC here.

RSVP at Eventbrite.

See you there!