Postdoctoral position on development of religious and social cognition

Jocelyn [Dautel] Conway

Sep 5, 2023, 1:44:07 PM9/5/23
to Developing Belief Network

Dear Developing Belief Group,

We are currently seeking to appoint an exceptional Postdoctoral Research Fellow with research interests in the development of religious and social cognition, based in Northern Ireland in the School of Psychology at Queen’s University Belfast.

The successful candidate will be an active member of the John Templeton Foundation funded project, titled “Developing Belief: The Development and Diversity of Religious Cognition and Identity in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.” This is an excellent opportunity to also join a broader international, cross-cultural, collaborative network of researchers conducting innovative ‘team science’ in order to answer big questions in developmental science; more information can be found at developingbelief.com. The postdoctoral researcher will be directly joining the Kids in Context Lab at Queen’s University Belfast (led by Jocelyn Dautel; Twititer @DautelJocelyn) and collaborating with the Helping Kids! Lab at University College Dublin (led by Laura Taylor; Twitter @laurataylorPHD), as well as Aidan Feeney (QUB) and John Coley (Northeastern University).

The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:

  • Or are about to obtain a PhD in Psychology or a relevant area such as Cognitive or Behavioural Science.
  • Recent relevant research experience.
  • Demonstrable experience of using quantitative research methodologies and techniques relevant to the research project, including ONE or more of the following:
    • Proven expertise in conducting reliable cross-cultural studies
    • Demonstrable expertise in longitudinal design and analysis with parents and children
    • Experience in designing and running experimental studies with children
    • Experience with mixed-method studies with families, including coding naturalistic conversations.
  • Proven experience of using statistical packages to analyse, interpret and present on quantitative data.

Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria please click the Candidate Information link below.

This post is fixed term until 31 May 2025. Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.

The successful candidate would also be a member of the Centre of Identity and Intergroup Relations.

International applicants can read about the School of Psychology’s international reach here: www.qub.ac.uk/schools/psy/OurInternationalReach/

At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.

Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and International Staff Network) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.

We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit:  www.qub.ac.uk/diversitywww.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/

Informal enquiries may be directed to Dr. Gulseli Baysu at g.b...@qub.ac.uk

Candidate Information

About the School

Attractive Reward Package

Information for International Applicants

We look forward to hearing from you!

Jocelyn

Jocelyn [Dautel] Conway

Sep 5, 2023, 3:59:08 PM9/5/23
to Developing Belief Network
Hi all,
Apologies for a second email in regards to the postdoctoral position on development of religious and social cognition at Queen's University Belfast, but we realised the ad was missing the direct links to apply. Here is the direct link to the post advertisement, and link to apply online. You can find the remainder of the details of the position below.

Cheers
Jocelyn

ETREC107GF[1].open

Seitz, Rüdiger

Sep 25, 2023, 9:39:53 AM9/25/23
to developi...@googlegroups.com, Jocelyn Dautel

Dear All,

as suggested by Jocelyn, I am sending you a short opinion paper on the notion of beliefs that includes the link to an e-book on the nature of beliefs and believing that has come out recently. Unfortunately, the mail server rejected the e-book itself. I hope that it is of interest for you.

Best wishes,

Rudiger

____________________

Department of Neurology

Centre of Neurology and Neuropsychiatry

Heinrich-Heine-University Dusseldorf

Bergische Landstrasse 2

40629 Dusseldorf, Germany

From: Seitz, Rüdiger <
Ruedige...@lvr.de>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2023 at 10:00
To: Jocelyn [Dautel] Conway <
jocelyn...@gmail.com>

Dear Jocelyn,

thanks for your mail with the announcement of a position at your site.

I thought the e-book on the nature of beliefs and believing which has come out recently may be of interest for you and your team. Therefore, I am attaching it here with compliments.

Best wishes,

Rudiger