Problem regarding Creating a simulation

SAHIL SHETTY

Aug 1, 2022, 5:08:11 PM8/1/22
to Developing Interactive Simulations in HTML5
Hello everyone,
I wanted to know if you could get the starters files for a new simulation in .js extension instead of .ts. I know Phet is swithching to typescript but if anyone could help me it would be great.

Sam Reid

Aug 7, 2022, 9:15:18 PM8/7/22
to SAHIL SHETTY, Developing Interactive Simulations in HTML5
The PhET simulation template "Simula Rasa" is now developed in TypeScript.  I see it has around 10 type annotations and 7 type declarations. If you wish, you could remove those and change the file extensions back to *.js. However, even if doing that--the dependencies in scenery, axon, kite, dot, etc are developed in TypeScript so you will still need to run the TypeScript tooling for the simulation to work.

Best Regards,
Sam

On Mon, Aug 1, 2022 at 3:08 PM SAHIL SHETTY <shetty...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello everyone,
I wanted to know if you could get the starters files for a new simulation in .js extension instead of .ts. I know Phet is swithching to typescript but if anyone could help me it would be great.

samrreid

Aug 7, 2022, 10:22:03 PM8/7/22
to Developing Interactive Simulations in HTML5
I saw that "Example Sim" is nearly 100% JavaScript at the moment, if you want to use it as a starting point.  https://github.com/phetsims/example-sim

Best Regards,
Sam