Error during modulify

25. Sai Surya

Apr 23, 2022, 3:02:24 AM4/23/22
to Developing Interactive Simulations in HTML5
Hi all,

I created a new simulation from template, and added image. When I run 'grunt modulify' from my simulation directory, the required JSON is generated fine for the image, however I get the below error.

$ cd /phetsims/gravity-sim
$ grunt modulify
Running "modulify" task
modulifying gravity-sim
Fatal error: Perennial task failed:
Error: git log --diff-filter=A --follow --date=short --format=%cd -1 -- js/gravitySimStrings.ts in ../gravity-sim failed with exit code 128
stderr:
fatal: not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

    at ChildProcess.<anonymous> (C:\Ganesh\projects\phetsims\perennial-alias\js\common\execute.js:89:21)
    at ChildProcess.emit (node:events:526:28)
    at maybeClose (node:internal/child_process:1092:16)
    at Socket.<anonymous> (node:internal/child_process:451:11)
    at Socket.emit (node:events:526:28)
    at Pipe.<anonymous> (node:net:687:12)
Full Error details:
Error: git log --diff-filter=A --follow --date=short --format=%cd -1 -- js/gravitySimStrings.ts in ../gravity-sim failed with exit code 128
stderr:
fatal: not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

Clearly it is pointing out to gravitySimStrings.ts which contains constants for strings used. However, I am unable to understand what I am doing wrong.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Sai Surya

Abioye Daniel

Apr 25, 2022, 6:07:53 AM4/25/22
to Developing Interactive Simulations in HTML5
Hello, can I connect with for more interactive discussion on creating more Phet? You can as well message me on abioyed...@gmail.com

samrreid

Apr 26, 2022, 12:45:25 PM4/26/22
to Developing Interactive Simulations in HTML5
Greetings!  Is `/phetsims/gravity-sim` a git repo?  The modulify task runs some git commands to get metadata about the git status, so is only intended to be run from within a git repo.

Best Regards,
Sam

25. Sai Surya

Apr 27, 2022, 9:09:01 AM4/27/22
to Developing Interactive Simulations in HTML5
Thanks Sam, after doing 'init git' error is gone and now saying there are no commits to 'master'. I got the issue and I suppose this error will not impact any json generation of image. I'll add required git stuff and make it error free.

Thanks & Regards,
Sai Surya