Creating new simulation question

25. Sai Surya

Sep 27, 2022, 7:26:31 AM9/27/22
to Developing Interactive Simulations in HTML5
Hi all,

I created a new simulation using 'simula-rasa' and transpiling using chipper --watch. However, my question when exactly I need to use chipper for building simulation
with 'grunt' ? I am a bit confused about sections 'Creating New Sim' and 'Building and Testing'.

Thanks & Regards,
Sai Surya

Sam Reid

Sep 27, 2022, 10:42:37 AM9/27/22
to 25. Sai Surya, Developing Interactive Simulations in HTML5
Greetings Sai Surya,

During development, the transpile --watch process is sufficient and will help you iterate and develop quickly.  When you are ready to build an optimized HTML file for end-users, you may use the grunt command.  I will also revise the language in the PhET Development Overview.  Thanks!

Best Regards,
Sam

25. Sai Surya

Sep 29, 2022, 5:55:41 AM9/29/22
to Developing Interactive Simulations in HTML5
Thanks Sam, when I run grunt, I am getting below error.

  0:0  error  Parsing error: "parserOptions.project" has been set for @typescript-eslint/parser.
The file does not match your project config: ..\gravity-sim\js\gravity\model\FootballModel.ts.
The file must be included in at least one of the projects provided

I suppose this is because I imported .js files in other code files (instead of .ts files), am I correct?
Or is there any other place I need to define these files as part of build process?

Thanks & Regards,
Sai Surya

S N Rao

Sep 29, 2022, 5:57:31 AM9/29/22
to 25. Sai Surya, Developing Interactive Simulations in HTML5