RESOLVED: Planned Data Lag Impacting Blue Button 2.0 (BB2.0)

Lori Pettebone-Koraganie

Mar 11, 2022, 4:26:25 PM3/11/22
to Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API

Hi BB2.0 community,

We have finished loading all backlogged beneficiary and claims data. Regular weekly loads will resume this weekend.

Prior to loading the data, a small number of demographic and enrollment records failed data validation. Fortunately, this only impacts records for persons who are not enrolled in Medicare in the current year (e.g., beneficiaries who died in 2021).

To guard against sharing incorrect data, we are holding the processing of affected records (only about 0.3% of beneficiary records) and are working to resolve the underlying issue. In the meantime, demographic and enrollment data for these unenrolled beneficiaries will continue to be available, though outdated. Any claims data updates (likely from prior years, given their current unenrolled status) should continue to process as normal.

All affected beneficiaries have been flagged, as noted here: https://github.com/CMSgov/beneficiary-fhir-data/blob/master/apps/bfd-server/dev/api-changelog.md#bfd-1566-add-patientmetatag-entry-for-some-patients.

We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause you and will continue working to resolve it, though we expect that it will take a significant amount of time.

Best,

The Blue Button Team