Data Reversion and Delay: Part D contract data missing

Rachel Lorencz

Dec 15, 2022, 6:35:45 PM12/15/22
to Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API

Hello Blue Button 2.0 Community,

Today our upstream data partner, the Beneficiary FHIR Data Server (BFD), reported that since the beginning of December, some monthly Part D contract numbers have been missing (zeroed out or null) from the weekly data loads that were received. In some cases, historical contract numbers were zeroed out as well (the coverage resource shows monthly contract numbers).

In order to revert these discrepancies, the BFD has restored data to a snapshot from 2022-11-11, which is the last known date that contract numbers were coming through correctly.

The root cause has been identified and work towards resolving the problem is underway. We will update this thread to let you know when you can expect to receive new data. Thank you for your understanding and please reach out if you have any questions. Detailed information about specific variables affected are below for your reference.

Variables affected:

Rachel Lorencz
Product Manager, Blue Button 2.0

Rachel Lorencz

Dec 19, 2022, 2:32:59 PM12/19/22
to Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API

Hello Blue Button 2.0 Community,

As of today, the Beneficiary FHIR Data Server (BFD) has resolved the issues with Part D contract numbers, and new data is available per usual for the weekly data loads. Please reach out if you have any questions.

Thank you,