Authentication Workflow Question

Jaki Breland

Feb 8, 2021, 3:27:44 PM2/8/21
to Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API
Is it possible to authenticate the beneficiary outside of their mymedicare account? Asking for an internal workflow, where we would like to send an email or sms authentication link for approval to access their data or if we need to update the workflow to ask them to login and grant access.

Sorry was trying to get someone on a quick call to discuss some use cases but could not find one. please let me know if there is a better method to get this question answered!

Thanks,
Jaki

Karen Farnham

Mar 11, 2022, 3:45:44 PM3/11/22
to Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API
Hello -
We are working through this exact scenario; I do not see a response to this question.  I am also curious, is there a better way to get questions answered?  Can I setup a quick call with my development team to discuss?

Thanks much!
Cheers-
Karen

Brady Fausett

Mar 22, 2022, 2:09:22 PM3/22/22
to Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API

Hello Jaki and Karen,

Thank you for reaching out.  We apologize for the delay in our response.

The only way to get access to a beneficiaries Medicare Data, via the Blue Button API, is to have them approve access via their Medicare.gov account.  There currently is no other method to do so.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,
Brady Fausett
BB2.0 FHIR Developer Evangelist

Karen Farnham

Apr 27, 2022, 10:17:19 AM4/27/22
to Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API
Thank you!