BIC Beneficiary Eligibility Query (BEQ) API

Derek Wolf

Nov 17, 2023, 12:47:17 PM11/17/23
to Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API
"The service is initially intended for use by the Medicare Advantage and Part D (MAPD) Plans, Organizations providing business process support to MAPD plans and other CMS systems such as the Drug Data Processing System (DDPS) that need to evaluate a beneficiary's eligibility."

We provide an enrollment platform for MA & MAPD plans hence we are looking to integrate the beneficiary eligibility checks provided via the BEQ API.

Is the BIC/BEQ API service available to orgs that are not Plans (carrier) sponsors? Does anyone have a point of contact at CMS that could address my question(s)?

TIA,
Derek

Shynihan Muhammed

Nov 17, 2023, 10:43:56 PM11/17/23
to Derek Wolf, Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API
We are also looking for the same. Appreciate any help. Thank you.

Regards,
Shynihan

Kirsten Hansen

Nov 21, 2023, 10:10:29 AM11/21/23
to Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API
Hi Derek & Shynihan,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please email this address: BEQ_Distro @cms.hhs.gov for help with the BIC Beneficiary Eligibility Query (BEQ) API.

Have a great Thanksgiving holiday.

Kirsten Hansen
Product Manager
The Blue Button 2.0 API Team

Andrew Zinman

May 10, 2024, 2:27:08 PMMay 10
to Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API
I have sent a few emails to BEQ_Distro, and I'm unable to get a reply. We are trying to get API access to real time BIC-BEQ for the use case submitted in my email.

Best,
Andrew
Medicare CX

Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API

May 10, 2024, 2:28:09 PMMay 10
to Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API
Hi Andrew,
Apologies that you are not getting a response. We will try to ping them internally and pass your info along.

- The Blue Button 2.0 Team

Andrew Zinman

May 10, 2024, 3:09:06 PMMay 10
to Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API
Thanks, the emails were sent from andrew @medicarecx.com or you can use this policy cx email.

Shynihan Muhammed

May 10, 2024, 5:59:08 PMMay 10
to Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API
I also haven't received a response despite sending multiple emails. I did resend the email today. Thank you for your assistance.

Regards,
Shynihan

Message has been deleted

Andrew Zinman

May 15, 2024, 3:32:16 PMMay 15
to Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API
Can you try pinging them internally again please. Andrew Zinman, Medicare CX

Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API

May 15, 2024, 3:42:24 PMMay 15
to Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API
Hi Andrew,
We have reached out to the team responsible for this inbox to let them know there are several people awaiting a response.

The Blue Button 2.0 Team

Joe Wahl

Jun 4, 2024, 2:20:45 PMJun 4
to Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API
Hello,

We are also looking for access to the BEQ API. I just sent an email to the above address, can anyone assist?

Joe

Joe Wahl

Jun 10, 2024, 11:34:53 AMJun 10
to Derek Wolf, and...@policycx.com, shyn...@gmail.com, Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API

My understanding is that the BEQ API is down right now due to a company, ‘Medizues’, overloading it with requests. They seem to have somehow been sponsored by Humana, who’s own eligibility tool that is dependent on the BEQ API is also down as a result. Seems to be a tough road to getting anything outside of Marx, which I already have access to.

Thanks,

Joe

Jun 10, 2024, 11:35:01 AMJun 10
to Joe Wahl, and...@policycx.com, shyn...@gmail.com, Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API
[...]

On Tue, Jun 4, 2024 at 2:20 PM Joe Wahl <yankee...@gmail.com> wrote:
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/developer-group-for-cms-blue-button-api/07e069d0-3250-4ce9-a725-e88ee36f857dn%40googlegroups.com.

Tom Toggas

Jun 10, 2024, 12:34:57 PMJun 10
to Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API
Derek,

Then how do you think  Sunfire has it?

Andrew Zinman

Jun 10, 2024, 1:54:50 PMJun 10
to Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API
From what I understand, BIC BEQ is only available to carriers and a sponsor providing access is considered non-compliant. I don't believe Sunfire has anything similar to this.