FHIR R4 Coming to Blue Button 2.0

Lori Pettebone-Koraganie

Apr 16, 2021, 2:11:40 PM4/16/21
to Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API

The Interoperability and Patient Access final rule
 provided guidance for CMS-regulated payers to implement and maintain a secure, standards-based Patient Access API using Health Level 7® (HL7) Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources® (FHIR) 4.0. 1 that allows patients to easily access their claims and encounter information through third-party applications of their choice.

In concert with this guidance, CMS will be releasing a Version 2 (V2) of the BB2.0 API in 2021 that will be consistent with HL7’s FHIR R4. V2 will also conform with the CARIN Alliance Blue Button® Framework and Common Payer Consumer Data Set (CPCDS) IG.
More information about the timeline of the roll out of the BB2.0 API V2 and what these changes might mean for your application can be found in our FAQ.

Watch the Google Group for further announcements about Version 2 of the BB2.0 API and updates to our FAQ.

After reviewing the FAQ, if you have any additional questions about V2 of the BB2.0 API, post them here or send us an email at B...@cms.hhs.gov.

Regards,
The Blue Button 2.0 Team

Muhammad Ismail

May 17, 2021, 11:30:05 AM5/17/21
to Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API
any update about Version 2 of the BB2.0 API, when its be available in sandbox ?