How to get incremental EOB from BB 2.0

Ashish Narnoli

Mar 5, 2024, 11:58:40 AMMar 5
to Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API
Hello,

I am integrating BB 2.0 with my application and the goal is to pull EOB from BB and store in Google Healthcare FHIRStore for further internal workflow.

My question is: Is there anyway through which BB API can return incremental data?
For example: If I hit BB API to pull EOB on 1st Mar then it should return all stored EOB. Now if I hit BB API on 10th Mar then it should return only the new EOB between 1st Mar and 10th Mar.

Appreciate help!

Kirsten Hansen

Mar 6, 2024, 3:41:50 PMMar 6
to Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API

Hi Ashish,

Yes, you can get incremental data for the EOB.  If you query by the “lastUpdated” field, you should be able to get the data the way you are asking.  For more information, go to this section of our developer documentation: https://bluebutton.cms.gov/developers/#query-by-lastupdated-field

Let us know if we can be of any more help.

Kirsten Hansen

Product Manager

The Blue Button 2.0 API Team

Ashish Narnoli

Mar 7, 2024, 11:47:25 AMMar 7
to Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API
That's wonderful Kirsten.

I see https://www.npmjs.com/package/cms-bluebutton-sdk package through which I am able to pull EOB data by calling getExplanationOfBenefitData() but I am in trouble to run query.

Is there any way to run query using sdk or any help document available?

Thanks

Kirsten Hansen

Mar 11, 2024, 4:33:42 PMMar 11
to Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API
Hi Ashish,

The python sample client should be able to help.  You can get more information on how to use it here: https://github.com/CMSgov/bluebutton-sample-client-python-react

Kirsten Hansen
Product Manager
The Blue Button 2.0 API Team

Ashish Narnoli

Apr 17, 2024, 11:36:00 AMApr 17
to Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API
Hi Kirsten,

Thanks for the detail.

Using "cms-bluebutton-sdk" node package I am trying to use config like below to search EOB where 'lastUpdated' is greater than some date but every-time it returns the same result.

Can you please help to identify what I am doing wrong here?

const config = {
params: {
lastUpdated: "gt2023-06-30T00:00:00.000",
},
};

const eobResults = await bb.getExplanationOfBenefitData(authToken, config);

Thanks

Jillian Theil

Apr 18, 2024, 3:02:11 PMApr 18
to Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API

Hello Ashish -

One thing you can try is to change, per this resource:

lastUpdated:
_lastUpdated

Best,

Jillian Theil -The Blue Button 2.0 API Team

Ashish Narnoli

Apr 22, 2024, 11:43:43 AMApr 22
to Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API
Hi Team,

It worked for me, Thanks so much.