Prescription Frequency

Murray Gudesblat

Sep 15, 2021, 4:41:02 PM9/15/21
to Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API
Hello!

We are trying to figure out how to get an accurate Prescription frequency for ExplanationOfBenefits items for PDE type. We have the following fields:
fill_num
days_supply
quantity (in respect to the actual drug quantity per fill)

In the bluebutton application/wesbite itself, we've seen a data element titled "Frequency" with the value of "FREQUENCY_30_DAYS" for each drug.

How could we get something similar from the data available?

And yes, I have looked through https://bluebutton.cms.gov/assets/ig/StructureDefinition-bluebutton-pde-claim.html
but have not found something usable in this case.

Thank you in advance!