Blue Button 2.0 API - Medicare Annual Open Enrollment Reminders & Support

Lori Pettebone-Koraganie

Oct 14, 2021, 10:14:36 AM10/14/21
to Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API

Attention Blue Button Production Applications and Participants,

Medicare’s Open Enrollment Period is almost here! As we approach Open Enrollment, which runs from October 15 – December 7, we want to remind the Blue Button 2.0 community of some core guidelines, principles, and requirements.

  • Any use of the Blue Button 2.0 API apart from the express purpose approved by CMS for your application will result in immediate termination of access. Any new use case or substantive feature development that has the potential to change the beneficiary interaction or flow of beneficiary data within your application must be reviewed and approved by the Blue Button 2.0 Team.
  • Failure to follow the Blue Button 2.0 API Terms of Service will result in immediate termination of access.
  • Any substantive changes to your Terms of Service or Privacy Policy must be immediately communicated to the Blue Button 2.0 Team for review. Failure to do so may also be cause for immediate termination of access.

For additional information, contact the Blue Button 2.0 API Team at BlueBu...@cms.hhs.gov.