The latest on QueryPath

1 view

TechnoSophos

May 8, 2010, 2:44:50 PM5/8/10
to support-...@googlegroups.com, devel-q...@googlegroups.com
All,

Excuse the cross-post, but I want to make sure that nobody is left out
on this announcement.

This week has been a rather important one for QueryPath. At CMS Expo,
I gave a "year in review" presentation, since QueryPath was officially
launched at CMS Expo last May. Also, in the last few days of April,
Drupal's GSOC group announced that QueryPath and the Drupal QueryPath
module were selected as an official Summer of Code project. To that
end, last night I went to Google Chicago to hear Emily Brand present
on what she is going to do with QueryPath in the next few months.

The big focus of development over the next few months will be on the following:

* Implementing a bottom-up traversal algorithm to speed up searching. (Emily)
* Add the necessary methods to bring QueryPath up to speed with the
jQuery 1.4 API. (Emily)
* Improve documentation and examples (Emily)
* Continue fixing bugs (Matt and Emily)
* Re-visit HTML parsing with QueryPath, probably making it more error
tolerant (Matt)
* Re-visit character set encodings in HTML documents (Matt)

The Drupal module is also going to get a refresh.

Finally, I am pondering something that I'd like to hear back on:

SHOULD I REVERSE MY PREVIOUS DECISION TO MAKE QueryPath 2.0 PHP 5.3 ONLY?

The adoption rate on PHP 5.3 has been far slower than I expected. I am
now considering doing a friendly reversion to 5.2 as the official PHP
version for QueryPath. I'd love to hear thoughts on this.

Any feedback is welcome, and as always, file bugs when you find them!
It's a huge help to us, even if sometimes it takes us a while to fix
them.

Many, many thanks to a great first year for QueryPath. As we kick of
the second year, I have a surprise that I hope will be coming down the
line very soon!

Wishing you all the best,

Matt

--