QueryPath 2.0 Beta 1 (Developers)

Matt

Jul 9, 2009, 1:16:17 AM7/9/09
to devel-querypath
QueryPath 2.0 Beta 1 is released. The details were sent to the support
list.

A few developer notes are worth mentioning, though:

1. The "Full release" of QueryPath does not have the Phing build
profile in it. To get that, you will need to check out the source from
the GitHub site.

2. A new minimal version of QueryPath has been released. This version
has only the PHP source code (compressed, with no comments). It may
suite your needs well for production sites -- especially on systems
where disk space is an issue. While it will slightly improve load
times, this probably won't make much of a performance difference in
all but the most resource-pressed systems.

3. API docs are also now available in a separate package, should you
want to grab just a copy of the docs.

The Phing build system is new, and I'm sure there are some kinks there
that need working out. If you find an issue, please report it at
http://github.com/technosophos/querypath/issues

At this point, nothing will be removed from the API, and no major
changes will be made unless it can be shown that the change is
necessary to correct a bug. QueryPath is passing all 270+ unit tests,
and the core has almost 100% test coverage. I hope that means we are
just about production ready.

WHERE TO?

- A final release will be made when it seems that we are stable
enough.
- QueryPath 2.x will be maintained indefinitely (at least for a year).
- The next branch of QueryPath, Quasar, will target PHP 5.3+. It will
likely become QueryPath 3.0.