Moving development to GitHub

Matt

May 29, 2009, 1:21:13 PM5/29/09
to devel-querypath
Based on feedback I am receiving, FedoraHosted is simply not working
for folks. Simply filing an issue is amazingly difficult, nobody can
see branches in the source viewer, and it's not all that attaractive.

As of this week, I have switched QueryPath's development over to
GitHub.

If you have not yet looked into GitHub, it is worth a glance. The
issue tracker is more robust, and so is the wiki-like features. You
can also look at what I am working on for QueryPath 2.

But the real niceties are associated with what *you* do with the code.
With the click of a button, you can get your own branch of QueryPath,
modify it as you like, track your own versions, and basically move
along with your own personal "fork" of QueryPath.

If and when you make changes that you think I would like, you can
simply click a button and I will be notified that you have suggested I
take a look at your patches.

I'm very excited about these features.

Matt