H265/HEVC converting.

Maximilian Marshall

Oct 13, 2019, 6:31:35 AM10/13/19
to DeVeDe forum
Het H265/HEVC coded become more comon, but on DeveDe there is no option to create a H265/HEVC Disc. Can they add them?

Maximilian Marshall

Oct 13, 2019, 6:33:23 AM10/13/19
to DeVeDe forum

Op zondag 13 oktober 2019 10:31:35 UTC schreef Maximilian Marshall:
Het H265/HEVC coded become more comon, but on DeveDe there is no option to create a H265/HEVC MKV Disc. Can they add them?

Sergio Costas

Oct 13, 2019, 12:24:37 PM10/13/19
to devede...@googlegroups.com
El 13/10/19 a las 12:31, Maximilian Marshall escribió:

Ok, I added HEVC support in Master branch. I tested it and it seems to work. If you can test it and confirm that works fine, I'll upload a new version.

Het H265/HEVC coded become more comon, but on DeveDe there is no option to create a H265/HEVC Disc. Can they add them?

Nos leemos
		         RASTER    (Linux user #228804)
ras...@rastersoft.com              http://www.rastersoft.com

Maximilian Marshall

Oct 13, 2019, 2:21:20 PM10/13/19
to DeVeDe forum
Where can i download that Master branch?
, don know what that is.

Op zondag 13 oktober 2019 16:24:37 UTC schreef Sergio Costas:
El 13/10/19 a las 12:31, Maximilian Marshall escribió:

Ok, I added HEVC support in Master branch. I tested it and it seems to work. If you can test it and confirm that works fine, I'll upload a new

Het H265/HEVC coded become more comon, but on DeveDe there is no option to create a H265/HEVC Disc. Can they add them?

Sergio Costas

Oct 13, 2019, 4:00:53 PM10/13/19
to devede...@googlegroups.com

El 13/10/19 a las 20:21, Maximilian Marshall escribió:
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/devede-forum/f6aeee2f-997b-4075-bff4-d3ae70e3f024%40googlegroups.com.

Maximilian Marshall

Oct 14, 2019, 3:49:50 AM10/14/19
to DeVeDe forum
Get a error when try to install it;

ubuntu@ubuntu:~/Downloads/devedeng-master$ sudo ./setup.py install
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./setup.py", line 6, in <module>
    from distutils.core import setup
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'distutils.core'

Op zondag 13 oktober 2019 20:00:53 UTC schreef Sergio Costas:

El 13/10/19 a las 20:21, Maximilian Marshall escribió:
Where can i download that Master branch?
, don know what that is.

Op zondag 13 oktober 2019 16:24:37 UTC schreef Sergio Costas:
El 13/10/19 a las 12:31, Maximilian Marshall escribió:

Ok, I added HEVC support in Master branch. I tested it and it seems to work. If you can test it and confirm that works fine, I'll upload a new

Het H265/HEVC coded become more comon, but on DeveDe there is no option to create a H265/HEVC Disc. Can they add them?

Nos leemos
		         RASTER    (Linux user #228804)
ras...@rastersoft.com              http://www.rastersoft.com

anome t

Oct 14, 2019, 4:00:03 AM10/14/19
to DeVeDe forum
I seems to installed bt dont see a H265 option.

anome t

Oct 14, 2019, 4:14:48 AM10/14/19
to DeVeDe forum

Screenshot from 2019-10-14 08-14-22.png

Rastersoft

Oct 14, 2019, 4:18:16 AM10/14/19
to devede...@googlegroups.com
You need to install the distutils package for python (in Ubuntu it should be something like python3-distutils)

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/devede-forum/63ae6e01-33da-48d2-b908-7b336931ce2c%40googlegroups.com.

anome t

Oct 14, 2019, 4:34:44 AM10/14/19
to DeVeDe forum
Is already installed and display same Devede main menu.

Rastersoft

Oct 14, 2019, 4:55:06 AM10/14/19
to devede...@googlegroups.com
Be sure to uninstall the old version. If not, it will take precedence.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/devede-forum/b6f73c0e-7d92-4710-9581-d93a0960687c%40googlegroups.com.

Maximilian Marshall

Oct 14, 2019, 1:28:51 PM10/14/19
to DeVeDe forum
Have do, al the options are grey out;

Op maandag 14 oktober 2019 08:55:06 UTC schreef Rastersoft:
Be sure to uninstall the old version. If not, it will take precedence.

Rastersoft

Oct 14, 2019, 1:43:44 PM10/14/19
to devede...@googlegroups.com
Well, this is odd... You should have the HEVC option available, and everything else as not gray...

Maybe you uninstalled ffmpeg when you uninstalled the packaged devede version?

Also, did you download the code from gitlab? The code at GitHub is obsolete...

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/devede-forum/18b6946a-0c6a-40ee-964b-df2c9b86270e%40googlegroups.com.

Maximilian Marshall

Oct 14, 2019, 3:28:56 PM10/14/19
to DeVeDe forum
Yes, i use link you provided.

Now have everthing not grey out, but don't have H265 option.
Devede says everything is installed.

See images.

Can you provide a screenshot the H265 option is in the menu? Thank you!

Sergio Costas

Oct 14, 2019, 3:30:50 PM10/14/19
to devede...@googlegroups.com
My fault, it isn't in master, but in the h265_support branch. Do you know how to work with GIT?

El 14/10/19 a las 21:28, Maximilian Marshall escribió:
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/devede-forum/6bdc2d3c-31ea-488d-9e15-1f7ab2ac0da8%40googlegroups.com.

Maximilian Marshall

Oct 14, 2019, 5:42:04 PM10/14/19
to DeVeDe forum
It's working properly, now. have succeed convert 2 files to H265, thank you very much for adding this!

(only min is does not half the bitrate and file size in comparison with H264.) H265 is same qaulity with half of size/bitrate.

Lloyd Osten

Oct 24, 2019, 8:54:42 AM10/24/19
to DeVeDe forum
I did uninstall the old version. Actually, I don't think Devede is the actual problem. I did a fresh install of Mageia 6. Everything worked the way it was supposed to. I upgraded ffmpeg to v3.3.9, I think it was. Still good. As soon as I tried to upgrade dvdauthor, that's when it broke. So I get a menu (is that created by dvd author or ffmpeg) but the menu is unusable. Sometimes, it just says there was an error creating the disc (as in no .iso file)

On Monday, October 14, 2019 at 2:55:06 AM UTC-6, Sergio Costas wrote:
Be sure to uninstall the old version. If not, it will take precedence.

Sergio Costas

Oct 24, 2019, 5:21:08 PM10/24/19
to devede...@googlegroups.com
Mmmm... then you should send a bug report to Dvdauthor people...

El 24/10/19 a las 14:54, Lloyd Osten escribió:
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/devede-forum/a26bc4ce-7bd8-46fe-a343-2ba848481167%40googlegroups.com.

anome t

Nov 2, 2019, 5:45:26 AM11/2/19
to DeVeDe forum
DVD5 converting H265 does not fullment the disc, it is stabbing at 3,8GB instead of the 4.38, the disc can store.
Is it possible to get up to 4,3 GB for example?

Same for DVD9, also not fullment the disc.

We want the highest qaulity can store.

Rastersoft

Nov 2, 2019, 6:00:04 AM11/2/19
to devede...@googlegroups.com
There are several reasons for that. First, that size is the gross space in a disc, but the directory and other disc structures space, so it is a must to leave some space.

Also, it is impossible to correctly predict the final size of a file, because usually it will be smaller. That also affects.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/devede-forum/c02bf3cf-9e5a-4a3c-83dd-d74bb340bb07%40googlegroups.com.