Error Message when attempting to make iso ( I quess make a DVD) - PREVIEW WORKS FINE! (Version 4.11.0)

hailma...@gmail.com

Jun 28, 2018, 11:15:35 PM6/28/18
to DeVeDe forum
Changing to 320 kbps allowed me to preview individual files (mp4's), but I received another debugging error when attempting to (I suppose) make an iso.
Again,  I do have one or more of the in each category of: "Programs needed by Devede"
I doubt it I can, but if you can tell me what to look for in the debugging code I will attempt to change some parameters that might "fix" the issue should I get any more errors; but I know nothing about code, and very little about computers - but I somewhat don't want to to impose or even be dependent on others - at the same time, I do like the program and appreciate the help.
Again preview worked fine, clicking on the forward button to create an iso is what resulted in the error - FYI 99% of 4.7 GB DVD, basic first or top choice - probably in error code.

The debugging error file is attached.

Devede_DebuggingError2_DiscError_PreviewsOK.odt

Sergio Costas

Jun 29, 2018, 3:33:22 AM6/29/18
to devede...@googlegroups.com

This is odd...

ERR: Partial sector read (20 bytes at inoffset 0xabe000)

Are you using a FAT32 or a NTFS partition? You must use a partition type that supports uppercase and lowercase distinction, like EXT4.

Anyway, this sounds more like a disk problem... Do you have enough disk space?

El 29/06/18 a las 05:15, hailma...@gmail.com escribió:

Nos leemos
		         RASTER    (Linux user #228804)
ras...@rastersoft.com              http://www.rastersoft.com

hailma...@gmail.com

Jun 29, 2018, 3:58:46 PM6/29/18
to DeVeDe forum
Yes, my videos are stored on an NTFS partition.
Re disi228 GB OF 322 GB free, using 29%.

I assume that I have two options, one implied from your response:
1 - Create an EXT4 partiton and move the mp4 files there.
2 - I'm not really sure about the second option (implied), could I use use all lowercase in Titles only, of files, or should I use lowercase in everything.
2a - Could I use all UPPERCASE?

On Friday, June 29, 2018 at 3:33:22 AM UTC-4, Rastersoft wrote:

This is odd...

ERR: Partial sector read (20 bytes at inoffset 0xabe000)

Are you using a FAT32 or a NTFS partition? You must use a partition type that supports uppercase and

hailma...@gmail.com

Jun 29, 2018, 5:02:40 PM6/29/18
to DeVeDe forum
I renamed the file using uppercase and it worked, this is the first time that it created an iso.
I only tested this on a single file, but it worked twice, the first time I also had everything in the menu uppercase.
Uppercase it is!
I saw a note somewhere regarding not using fat32, but I don't recall seeing one regarding NFTS; I could have missed it.
Sorry to bother you with file errors.
I do like the program, other than these oddities it seems very solid.

Give an inch, they'll take a mile - a thought, easily add options to easily change default settings, or have the program default to the last setting used so that all of the files were added with the same parameters, e.g. 320 kbps, and play next title, etc.

I'm using Devede  Version 4.11 on Manjaro, so they will probably have the new version soon.

Thanks for everything, I may try to send a video sometime, if I do, it will be months, have real life priorities, and need to setup E.O.L. chromebook (GalliumOS or Peppermint), two laptops - one a nephews - with Manjaro, Mint, (possibly MX Linux) one with Peppermint.

Now to burn, but I assume that uses xfburn with which I'm familiar.

Thanks Again, and have a good day/evening/whatever.

Sergio Costas

Jun 29, 2018, 6:28:18 PM6/29/18
to devede...@googlegroups.com
Hi again:

El 29/06/18 a las 23:02, hailma...@gmail.com escribió:

> Give an inch, they'll take a mile - a thought, easily add options to
> easily change default settings, or have the program default to the
> last setting used so that all of the files were added with the same
> parameters, e.g. 320 kbps, and play next title, etc.

You can add several titles and use the option Edit -> Set
multiproperties to set all videos to the same settings.

> Thanks Again, and have a good day/evening/whatever.

Same! :-)