Using DevDocs Within Web Applications as a Documentation Source

Kaleb Berry

Dec 6, 2016, 11:39:35 PM12/6/16
to devdocs, kaleb...@outlook.com
Question? If I wanted to link from my web app to like a certain area about lets say like some C++ documentation, or open DevDocs within my application, with stating its from DevDocs created by Thibaut, is this possible? If so what is the correct way to use this within a web application for like referencing stuff for the user.

Thibaut Courouble

Dec 12, 2016, 8:18:23 AM12/12/16
to devdocs, kaleb...@outlook.com
Hi Kaleb

This is possible, yes. No attribution is needed if you're linking to devdocs.io or opening devdocs.io (unaltered) within your application (and that is not the primary feature of your app).

However, if you're repackaging DevDocs with a different UI, then you need to follow the terms of the MPL license for any code that you re-use from DevDocs (e.g. license any derivative code under MPL and tell your users where they can download the code), and attribute all content to DevDocs / devdocs.io.

Hope that answers your question.

Thibaut