Re: About DevCamp Pune 2011...

Saager Mhatre

Feb 7, 2011, 10:18:23 AM2/7/11
to DevCamp Pune TW team, devcam...@googlegroups.com
That would be a problem. TW is not going to fly people around on consecutive weekends.
Besides, we haven't started canvassing any of the local potentials, both TWers and otherwise.
Thanks for bringing this up Asif, I'm glad I was lazy enough not to send out the announcement over the weekend! :)

I wouldn't mind pushing this to April but suggest that we get moving on the speakers right away.
All said and done, that's going to be our biggest concern for the event.
I'm typing out mails to a couple of potentials as I write this.
I'm expecting most of them to agree, but we should canvas TWers too.

Also, like we discussed last time, March already has two tech events in Pune.
So, while April pushes us closer to RubyConf, the first Sunday of April is still reasonable open in Pune.
If there are no other events around that time that we know of, I say we finalize Apr 9 and make the announcement.

Wot say?

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 11:44 AM, Asif Momin <asi...@thoughtworks.com> wrote:
Around 50% of the speakers are from thoughtworks and last time we got quality talks from other tw locations.

If there is one week overlap, we will lose this.

Asif

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 11:05 AM, Unnat Gupta <unn...@thoughtworks.com> wrote:
Asif,

XConf in not in Pune. I don't see any problem in having Devcamp on 12th

Unnat

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 10:18 AM, Asif Momin <asi...@thoughtworks.com> wrote:
We have xconf on 5th March.

We should postpone the devcamp to have some overlap.

what do you guys think?

Asif

--
Unnat Gupta
Business Analyst

PS- forwarding the discussion over to the google group

dexterous

Feb 7, 2011, 10:41:19 AM2/7/11
to devcam...@googlegroups.com, DevCamp Pune TW team
Just noticed that PHPCamp is on March 5
that makes 3 tech events in March, we should definitely go for April.

Asif Momin

Feb 8, 2011, 11:56:41 PM2/8/11
to devcam...@googlegroups.com, DevCamp Pune TW team
I agree that we should got to April.
April 9 should be fine

Saager Mhatre

Feb 10, 2011, 3:07:40 PM2/10/11
to devcam...@googlegroups.com
Alright guys, the announcement is out there. Let's get cracking on the speaker list.
I'm currently in coversation with @dnene, @ghoseb, @ngakbra and @ponnappa for talks.
Will be connecting with more people soon
- dexterous