2011's first DevCamp Pune on Saturday, April 9th

dexterous

Feb 10, 2011, 2:09:09 PM2/10/11
to devcam...@googlegroups.com
After the success of last year's event, we're happy to announce the first DevCamp in Pune for this year (http://devcamp.in/index.php/Pune/2011/1) on Saturday, 9th
April 2011. Registrations are now open to all (http://devcamp.in/index.php/Pune/2011/1/Registrations).

Like any BarCamp, registration is on the wiki and there is no registration fee whatsoever.
The event will be sponsored & hosted by ThoughtWorks (www.thoughtworks.com) at their office in Yerawada, Pune. (view map: http://is.gd/twpune )

You can now follow updates about this and future DevCamp Pune by subscribing to our new forum (https://groups.google.com/group/devcamp-pune). This event has also been put up on Lanyrd (http://lanyrd.com/2011/devcamp-pune/), so after you're registered on the wiki and proposed a session, feel free to update our Lanyrd page too!

DevCamp is an un-conference by the hackers, for the hackers and of the hackers. It's a species of BarCamp where anything a lover of computers and technology would consider important or entertaining goes. The first DevCamp took place a little over three years ago, and we've always had a lot of fun being a part of this event; we're hoping to keep that trend going.

If you're planning to do a session at this years event, do keep in mind the fact that everyone at DevCamp is a hacker, a pro. Please assume a high level of exposure and knowledge on the part of your audience, and tailor your sessions accordingly. Avoid 'Hello World' and how-to sessions which can be easily found on the net. First hand war stories, in-depth analyses of topics, and live demos are best.

Please forward this email to any individuals or lists that you think may be interested.

The DevCamp Pune team
Saager Mhatre (saager...@gmail.com) @dexterous
Asif Momin (asif....@thoughtworks.com) @asifmomin
Gautham H (hgau...@thoughtworks.com)

dexterous

Mar 30, 2011, 7:50:41 AM3/30/11
to devcam...@googlegroups.com
Updates on DevCamp Pune 2011

The team has been hard at work getting the stage set for a totally awesome event this year!

First off, I'd like to thank every one who helped spread the word about DevCamp because, as of this writing, the registration count is a little over 250!
So anyone who forwarded, cross-posted (or even spammed) on our behalf here's a big Thank You!
There were even a couple of requests from students for poster designs that they could put up in their colleges. That was unexpected and totally hardcore!

In the meanwhile, the team at ThoughtWorks has been grinding the wheels to get all the logistics in place. We're in the final stages of chalking out the setup at the venue and as always, ThoughtWorks is extending us all the help we need.

This year, we decided to go on a limb and do more than just talks. We're setting up a bunch of Workshops/Hackfests at the event too! Check out the Proposals page for details.

Also, if we can squeeze it in, we're going to try to do a Fishbowl somewhere in the later half of the camp. Couple of the guys at ThoughtWorks are brainstorming topics, but if you've got something interesting that could spark a discussion, feel free to add it to the Proposals page.

As for the talks, well, we had a couple of last minute cancellations, but the lineup is still looking pretty good. Even though all the topics might not be up, we've got confirmations from Baishampayan Ghose, Navin Kabra, Dhananjay Nene & Shakthi Kannan among others. But we can still accommodate more talks, so if you or your friends are interested head for the Proposals page now! You can also put up a topic on the morning of the event when we schedule our streams.

Before I close, I'd like to give a quick shout out to Playspan.com, who have volunteered to sponsor part of the expenses. Thanks a lot you guys.

And thank you all for the response and enthusiasm you have shown.
We hope to see all of you at the event and have a great time.

dexterous

Apr 6, 2011, 2:56:25 PM4/6/11
to devcam...@googlegroups.com
DevCamp Pune featured on punetech.com, yay to us! :)

swati jadhav

Apr 14, 2011, 1:44:47 AM4/14/11
to DevCamp Pune
Hi Saager,

you guys were really helpful and co-operative. Hope we can meet up
again and we would like to join you guys in future.

Also thanks to Gautham.

Warm Regards,
Swati.

Saager Mhatre

Apr 14, 2011, 1:49:15 AM4/14/11
to devcam...@googlegroups.com, swati jadhav
You are most welcome! And do keep an eye on this list for updates regarding future events in this series.

udayaditya barua

Apr 14, 2011, 1:49:33 AM4/14/11
to devcam...@googlegroups.com

Couldn't make it :-( :-( .. suffered from Friday night hangover :-( ...

Sent via Gmail on Android --

vaibhav P

Apr 14, 2011, 12:04:24 PM4/14/11
to DevCamp Pune
guys, I'm getting these kind of spams !!

Any guesses???

Apr 14, 2011, 1:16:02 PM4/14/11
to devcam...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vaibhav,

You're getting this spams because of the web crawler found your VALID gmail address on registration page (http://devcamp.in/index.php/Pune/2011/1/Registrations), Please remove your valid gmail address and cipher it lil, like vaibhav (DOT) P (AT) gamail.

I think this message is for all who just give their mail id publicly on internet.

/Sagar