[Python-Dev] detecting statements which result is not stored

Guenther Sohler

Oct 5, 2023, 11:06:51 AM10/5/23
to pytho...@python.org

Hi Python Developers, after  some investigation i consider dev the correct mailing list.
I got python embedded into OpenSCAD and i'd like to make more use out of it.

statements like these do exactly what they should:

width= 3*5
solid = make_nice_solid(width)
other_solid = solid.size(1)
print(" Everything fine")

But i'd like to be able to write lines like these:  These are expressions  which create a value,
which is apparently NOT stored in a variable

solid *3
other_solid - solid

instead of wasting them, I'd like to collect them in an array and display send it to the display engine
after  python evaluation has  finished.

Is there some way how i can collect the orphaned expressions ?

Steve Holden

Oct 5, 2023, 4:42:46 PM10/5/23
to Guenther Sohler, pytho...@python.org
Sounds like you might want the "Python Help" group on https;//discuss.python.org - the dev conversation migrated there quite a while ago now, so thighs channel is more or less announcements only.

Good luck with your project!

Kind regards,
Steve