Is there any use case for rm_rf_depth?

Mike Weilgart

Apr 4, 2019, 10:59:04 PM4/4/19
to dev-cfengine
I just noticed that the rm_rf bundle in lib/bundles.cf is implemented by calling rm_rf_depth, which is documented here:

I am struggling to think of a use case for this.  Is there one?

The example has a depth of 100.  Is there ever a reason to call rm_rf_depth with a low finite depth?

What is the intended behavior if this bundle is called with depth 3, when the directory contains, say, 5 levels of nesting?  (The documentation says that it will remove "name" to depth "depth," including "name" itself.  How can it do this if there are additional levels of nesting underneath?)

Best,
--Mike Weilgart
Vertical Sysadmin, Inc.