openssl 1.1.0e and cfengine 3.10.1

Vanush Paturyan

May 3, 2017, 5:14:10 PM5/3/17
to dev-cfengine
Hello list,

I'm trying to compile cfengine 3.10.1 on a fully patched Arch Linux box, and it fails with following error:

hashes.c: In function 'FileChecksum':
hashes.c:50:20: error: storage size of 'context' isn't known
         EVP_MD_CTX context;
                    ^~~~~~~

I suspect this is due to the fact that Arch Linux includes openssl version 1.1.0e, but would like to tap into collective knowledge before digging any deeper. Arch allow installing openssl-1.0 (1.0.2k at the moment) into an alternative directory, but running config --with-openssl=/usr/include/openssl-1.0/ does not help.

Any pointers are appreciated.

Misha.

Dimitrios Apostolou

May 4, 2017, 5:17:27 AM5/4/17
to Vanush Paturyan, dev-cfengine
Hi Vanush, all I can verify for now is that the official CFEngine packages all use openssl-1.0.2. Apparently there are some breaking changes on openssl's side in 1.1.0, but there has not been a porting effort so far.

Could you file a ticket in JIRA?

https://tracker.mender.io/projects/CFE/issues

Thanks,
Dimitris