bad pressure sensor

1 view

j...@oxaero.com

Oct 17, 2012, 1:43:37 PM10/17/12
to Deturbulator Participants
It turns out that the pressure sensor used to read the 4th boundary probe tube was acting strangely on 9/29 when the first data were taken. When the glider returned to zero airspeed, the first three pressure sensors returned normally to their zero condition, but the fourth one remained at about half of its positive scale and exhibited spastic oscillations before eventually, suddenly returning to zero. I cannot relate that to either pneumatic or electrical faults, other than the sensor itself, which I will have to replace. So, plotted data and observations relative to the 4th (highest) tube are suspect and possibly entirely wrong.

Jim Hendrix