sensor board

1 view

j...@oxaero.com

Sep 13, 2012, 6:02:56 PM9/13/12
to Jari Hyvärinen, Deturbulator Participants, Roy Arnold
Jari,

Here is my sensor board. It will be taped on the lower surface, at the TE, aligned with the flow. I will tape over it too to reduce aerodynamic buffering of the sensors and tubes. The flat cable will be taped along the underside of the TE to the fuselage where it goes through an existing hole. It will be plumbed with 1/16" ID plastic tubing.

photo.JPG

j...@oxaero.com

Sep 16, 2012, 5:54:11 PM9/16/12
to Jari Hyvärinen, Deturbulator Participants, Roy Arnold, Nathan Murray
Jari,

I designed it and had 5 bare boards fabricated for $85 USD.  Would you like one or two of the unused ones?  You need to populate the boards with Honeywell SSC or HSC series sensors in through-hole DIP (duel in-line Pins) package.  There are many versions of these sensors.  the trick is finding an acceptable one that is available at vendor sites like digi-key.com or mouser.com.  My sensors have a range of +/- 25 mbar and output an analog voltage from 0 to 3.3 V.   0-5 V versions are more readily available, but my ADCs are configured to work with 3.3 V.  Only GND, Vss and Output connections are used, other pins are not used. Cost of these sensors is about $35 each.

The number one port is the high side (makes the output voltage go positive).  This was not documented.  I had to test it to find out.

Now I need to build a manifold (see picture) for the low side ports, and build the two probes.  I have 50 ea,  .065" OD, .005" wall, 2.5" long Stainless Steel tubes on order for the probes ($95).  .0025" wall thickness is available, but costs about $300.

image.png
I have settled on the probe design pictured below:

image.jpeg

Jim

On Sep 16, 2012, at 2:29 PM, Jari Hyvärinen <jari.hy...@linflow.se> wrote:

Cool Jim,