Fwd: Disaster, I think: LX5000

1 view

j...@oxaero.com

Nov 18, 2011, 8:29:21 AM11/18/11
to Deturbulator Participants

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Adam Woolley" <go_so...@hotmail.com>
Date: November 18, 2011 12:31:39 AM CST
To: <j...@oxaero.com>
Subject: Re: Disaster, I think: LX5000

Hello Jim,

As promised, please find the attached LX5000 igc file – it looks much better, right from the get-go!

Best Regards,
Adam

Sent: Friday, November 18, 2011 1:01 PM
Subject: RE: [Standard Cirrus] Disaster, I think [2 Attachments]

Adam,

It looks like you used the GPS altitudes and, looking at them graphically, they appear to be much less reliable than the pressure altitudes, smoother but very wavy.  So, the pressure altitudes are the ones to use.  The pressure altitudes have a curious 0.083 Hz wave riding on the signal.  What kind of logger are you using?

I will enter pressure altitudes and send the corrected spreadsheet back to you.

I noticed that you simply entered the same data for all three flights.  That won’t work when you take your second set of data to be averaged in.  Better to modify the averaging calculation to simply ignore the flights not yet taken.  I’ll do that too.

My problem is that I do not know which speed runs are for what speeds.  Attached is an altitude profile for the flight with the segments numbered.  Please return a list of these numbers commented with the speed you were flying.  In some cases, I may have given a single speed several sequential numbers.

Did you use a camcorder to capture your panel during the flight?

Best regards,

Jim