Better presentation of first probe data

1 view

j...@oxaero.com

Oct 5, 2012, 9:24:25 PM10/5/12
to Jari Hyvärinen, Deturbulator Participants, Roy Arnold, Ralph Luebke, George Bennett, Nathan Murray
Jari,

My previous presentation of the first probe data plotted airspeed at each probe Pitot while flying the glider at fixed indicated airspeeds with and without tape around the leading edge.

Inaccuracies in flying the airspeeds the same for each flight and in holding the airspeeds constant (pilot errors) were in the plotted data. However, since my logger logs airspeed for the glider, much improvement in the accuracy can be obtained by plotting not the probe airspeeds but the ratio of the probe airspeeds to the measured glider airspeed. I did that and got considerably different results. First, the complete data set for the lower three probe levels, as before:

image.gif
image.gif
image.gif
image.gif