Getting back at it!!

Zeezus

Mar 14, 2016, 11:17:05 AM3/14/16
to Southfield and Metro Detroit Ultimate
Hello All,

Welcome 2016 and a new year of ultimate.

Quick note: there is a pickup game that is happening at Clawson City Park on Tuesdays and Thursdays for right now. Great turf field. Brand new, go out and have fun. The weather is great DST has started. Get it. 5:30pm

Main note:
Southfield pickup and other pickups will soon start. As most of you are aware, the Metro-Detroit area does not have a resource for progressing the quality of ultimate play. We have pickup, but it's inconsistent in its level and its adhesion to the rules of ultimate. With that being said, I would like us, as players to focus more on promoting not simply high level ultimate, but quality ultimate, while maintaining the spirit we know and love. If there's an opportunity, call plays, educate on the rules, call the infractions and let each other learn from our mistakes. Let's help grow the sport how we know best: by playing the sport the way we know how to play it.

I'll see you all on the field

Young but getting old Z