Possible to run multiple desktop couch instances?

Devon Jones

Feb 2, 2010, 12:02:06 AM2/2/10
to Desktop CouchDB
So I have a project I want to implement, and I would really like to
use desktop couch, but the data that I'm storing I explicitly do *not*
want to be synced with UbuntuOne. That being said, i don't want to
have to stop using UbuntuOne on the box that is running this app. Is
there a way to run multiple desktopcouch instances, or to mark certain
databases in a way that will prevent them from syncing to UbuntuOne
(while still allowing them to replicate with others on my network)

Thanks,
Devon Jones

Stuart Langridge

Feb 2, 2010, 12:33:03 AM2/2/10
to desktop...@googlegroups.com

Aha. You can exclude databases from being synced to Ubuntu One - it's a little awkward at the moment but it's soon to become easier. In the "management" database in desktopcouch, find the paired-server record for Ubuntu One, and add a new key, "excluded-names", which is a list of databases that you don't want synced to Ubuntu One (so, "['mydbname']" ).

sil

Devon Jones

Feb 2, 2010, 8:41:01 AM2/2/10
to Desktop CouchDB
Excellent, thank you!

Devon Jones

On Feb 2, 12:33 am, Stuart Langridge <s...@kryogenix.org> wrote:
> Aha. You can exclude databases from being synced to Ubuntu One - it's a
> little awkward at the moment but it's soon to become easier. In the
> "management" database in desktopcouch, find the paired-server record for
> Ubuntu One, and add a new key, "excluded-names", which is a list of
> databases that you don't want synced to Ubuntu One (so, "['mydbname']" ).
>
> sil
>

> On Feb 1, 2010 9:23 PM, "Devon Jones" <devon.jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> So I have a project I want to implement, and I would really like to
> use desktop couch, but the data that I'm storing I explicitly do *not*
> want to be synced with UbuntuOne.  That being said, i don't want to
> have to stop using UbuntuOne on the box that is running this app.  Is
> there a way to run multiple desktopcouch instances, or to mark certain
> databases in a way that will prevent them from syncing to UbuntuOne
> (while still allowing them to replicate with others on my network)
>
> Thanks,
> Devon Jones
>
> --

> desktop-couch...@googlegroups.com<desktop-couchdb%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

Devon Jones

Feb 2, 2010, 5:02:40 PM2/2/10
to desktop...@googlegroups.com
Looking at this, I see two records that could qualify as the
paired-server record:

{
"|_id|": |"||<redacted>||"|,
"|_rev|": |"||<redacted>||"|,
"|push_to_server|": |true|,
"|record_type|": |"http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/desktopcouch/paired_server"|,
"|ctime|": |"2009-11-09 14:18"|,
"|service_name|": |"ubuntuone"|,
"|pairing_identifier|": |"<redacted>"|,
"|pull_from_server|": |true|
}

or

{
"|_id|": |"_design/ubuntu_one_pair_record"|,
"|_rev|": |"||||<redacted>|
|"|,
"|language|": |"javascript"|,
"|views|": {
"|ubuntu_one_pair_record|": {
"|map|": |"function(doc) {\u000a if (doc.service_name == \"ubuntuone\") {\u000a if (doc.application_annotations && \u000a doc.application_annotations[\"Ubuntu One\"] &&\u000a doc.application_annotations[\"Ubuntu One\"][\"private_application_annotations\"] &&\u000a doc.application_annotations[\"Ubuntu One\"][\"private_application_annotations\"][\"deleted\"]) {\u000a emit(doc._id, 1);\u000a } else {\u000a emit(doc._id, 0)\u000a }\u000a }\u000a }"|
}
}
}

I'm guessing it should be the first one?

Thanks,
Devon Jones

Stuart Langridge wrote:

> Aha. You can exclude databases from being synced to Ubuntu One - it's
> a little awkward at the moment but it's soon to become easier. In the
> "management" database in desktopcouch, find the paired-server record
> for Ubuntu One, and add a new key, "excluded-names", which is a list
> of databases that you don't want synced to Ubuntu One (so,
> "['mydbname']" ).
>
> sil
>
>> On Feb 1, 2010 9:23 PM, "Devon Jones" <devon...@gmail.com

>> <mailto:devon...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> So I have a project I want to implement, and I would really like to
>> use desktop couch, but the data that I'm storing I explicitly do *not*
>> want to be synced with UbuntuOne. That being said, i don't want to
>> have to stop using UbuntuOne on the box that is running this app. Is
>> there a way to run multiple desktopcouch instances, or to mark certain
>> databases in a way that will prevent them from syncing to UbuntuOne
>> (while still allowing them to replicate with others on my network)
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Devon Jones
>>
>> --

>> <mailto:desktop-couchdb%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>.

Stuart Langridge

Feb 2, 2010, 5:50:08 PM2/2/10
On 02/02/2010 02:02 PM, Devon Jones wrote:
> Looking at this, I see two records that could qualify as the
> paired-server record:
>
> {
> "|_id|": |"||<redacted>||"|,
> }
>
> or
>
> {
> "|_id|": |"_design/ubuntu_one_pair_record"|,

> }
>

> I'm guessing it should be the first one?

Correct. Documents with IDs beginning _design are "design documents",
which define a CouchDB view -- they don't hold data, they hold code.

sil