IMPORTANT: Changes on Marine Base Expansion Google Group

magicgroove

Dec 29, 2010, 5:24:20 PM12/29/10
to Neighbors of the 29 Palms Marine Base expansion
Hi all,

As Adminstrator for the Neighbors of the 29 Palms Marine Base
Expansion Google Group, I've been informed that as of Jan. 1, 2011,
Google will no longer support our Pages and Files features. (Note
that the discussion forum is not affected by this.)

We will still be able to view and download the content on the Pages
and Files until February 2011. After that they will no longer be
accessible.

I am looking into possibly migrating that information to the Google
Sites platform. This may or may not happen.

So, if you want to be sure you have access to any of that information
in the future you will need to go to the Neighbors site and download
it for yourself. Google allows you to automatically create a ZIP
file. Be aware that all the content on the Files page is about 50 MB
and may require considerable download time depending on the speed of
your Internet connection.

To automatically download:
>>> Go to the Neighbors Group site: http://groups.google.com/group/desertneighbors?hl=en
>>> Choose "Pages" or "Files" in the right menu, depending on your interest.
>>> Click on "Download all files" or "Download all pages" to create a ZIP file.

Note that WE WILL CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO ACCESS AND USE THE DISCUSSION
FORUM, as usual. We just will not be able to load files onto the
Group site.

Stay tuned for the release of the Expansion EIS in the next few
months.

Happy Holidays -

Christine Carraher
Group Administrator