Base Expansion EIS released

magicgroove

Feb 25, 2011, 2:33:44 AM2/25/11
to Neighbors of the 29 Palms Marine Base expansion
This is the one we've been waiting for. I haven't had a chance to
review it yet myself. See it at www.marines.mil/unit/29palms/las,
click on "DRAFT Environmental Impact Statement" at the bottom of the
left-hand menu. Your observations/questions are welcome on this
Group.

Press Release follows:

MARINE BASE EXPANSION EIS NOW AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW
The Draft Environmental Impact Statement or EIS for the proposed
Twentynine Palms Marine Base expansion is now available for review and
comment. Base officials released the draft EIS Wednesday. The EIS was
prepared to evaluate the impacts on the proposed expansion of the
sprawling marine base. A copy of the Draft EIS is available on line at
www.marines.mil/unit/29palms/las.

The Marine Corps will be holding open house style public meetings to
inform and educate the public about the expansion, alternatives under
consideration, and to allow public comment. Locally, a public outreach
meeting is planned for Tuesday evening April 12 from 5 to 9 at the
Copper Mountain College’s Bell Center. Written comments can be
submitted and must be postmarked by May 26, to 29 Palms EIS Project
Manager, 1220 Pacific Highway, San Diego, Ca. 92132.