MetaMeetup Planning - Virtualization

Josh More

Oct 18, 2008, 11:23:33 AM10/18/08
to Des Moines Meta User Group
The next MetaMeetup is at the Virtualization Users Group.

As I recall from the table discussion, we're talking about the
following sort of topics:

* What is virtualization / benefits, drawbacks?
* Overview of common virtualization technologies
* OS-level virtualization: VMWare, Xen/VirtualIron, VirtualBox
* Desktop-level virtualization: Citrix, LTSP, VDI
* Application-level virtualization: XenApp, NoMachine/FreeNX
* Real-world applications / success, failures

Is there anything else that people would like addressed in the loosely-
structured portion of the meeting?

TED CAROL BULENS

Oct 18, 2008, 1:05:31 PM10/18/08
to Des Moines Meta User Group
Josh,

What about:
Steps to take to achieve Virtualization.
Cost of ownership such as learning curve, support, upgrades,
hardware, monitoring performance.
How long has Virtualization been around?
What major corporations uses it in a corporate environment.

Josh More

Oct 19, 2008, 3:21:37 PM10/19/08
to des-moines-me...@googlegroups.com
I got those added to our schedule.

Both the agenda and directions to Alliance are at
http://www.thevug.org/component/option,com_eventlist/Itemid,34/func,details/did,11/
.

We'll be updating things as others have suggestions for us.

I look forward to seeing you all again in a few weeks.

-Josh More