Any user group meetings or tech events on the 3rd Tuesday?

Iowa Ruby Brigade

Jan 24, 2011, 2:43:38 PM1/24/11
to Des Moines Meta User Group, iowaru...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of any local user group meetings or tech events on
the 3rd Tuesday of the month?

The reason I ask is that the Iowa Ruby Brigade is considering changing
its regular meeting date. We currently meet on the 2nd Thursday, but
this conflicts with TechBrew and it has definitely affected our
attendance.

We want to avoid conflicts with other local user groups and tech
events as much as possible, especially if there might be a significant
overlap in interest.

Your input and ideas are welcome.

--David W. Body / Iowa Ruby Brigade

Tim Andersen

Jan 24, 2011, 10:38:48 PM1/24/11
to des-moines-me...@googlegroups.com, iowaru...@googlegroups.com
Agile Iowa is still meeting on the 3rd Thursday.

Levi Rosol

Jan 25, 2011, 10:13:12 AM1/25/11
to des-moines-me...@googlegroups.com, iowaru...@googlegroups.com
How about the 3rd Monday?

David W. Body

Jan 25, 2011, 10:26:47 AM1/25/11
to des-moines-me...@googlegroups.com, iowaru...@googlegroups.com
Levi,

Any particular reason for suggesting the 3rd Monday? Is there a
conflict with the 3rd Tuesday that hasn't been mentioned?

--David

Levi Rosol

Jan 25, 2011, 10:29:17 AM1/25/11
to des-moines-me...@googlegroups.com, iowaru...@googlegroups.com
My bad. My quick scan of Tim's email resulted in me thinking he said Agile Iowa was on Tuesday.

disregard my note :)

David W. Body

Jan 25, 2011, 10:40:18 AM1/25/11
to iowaru...@googlegroups.com, des-moines-me...@googlegroups.com
Mondays are a possibility, but there are many Monday holidays that
could make it difficult to maintain a consistent schedule.

We might also try some lunch meetings if we could find the right location.

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 9:30 AM, Ryan Hanks <ryand...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Mondays would work much better for me.
> I would also always be available for meetings over the lunch hour.

Josh More

Jan 25, 2011, 10:42:23 AM1/25/11
to des-moines-me...@googlegroups.com
Mondays are also more likely to have emergencies.  This seriously impacts operations people.

-Josh

David W. Body

Jan 25, 2011, 11:47:53 AM1/25/11
to iowaru...@googlegroups.com, des-moines-me...@googlegroups.com
I just discovered that StartupDrinks (http://dsmstartupdrinks.com/) is
on the 4th Tuesday (today). Not a conflict, but one I didn't know
about.

Everyone please double-check your calendars and let us know if you see
any possible conflict on the 3rd Tuesday.