Derbyjs and Play Framework .

Puja Kumari

Apr 27, 2016, 3:37:14 AM4/27/16
to Derby

How can Derbyjs and Play Framework be integrated together? Derbyjs handling the operational transformation part and Play handling the backend?

Nate Smith

Apr 27, 2016, 12:18:01 PM4/27/16
to der...@googlegroups.com

What are you trying to accomplish? DerbyJS is a modular framework and there are a lot of different ways to use it depending on your goal.

On Apr 27, 2016 12:37 AM, "Puja Kumari" <puja...@gmail.com> wrote:

How can Derbyjs and Play Framework be integrated together? Derbyjs handling the operational transformation part and Play handling the backend?

Puja Kumari

Apr 28, 2016, 1:16:02 AM4/28/16
to Derby, na...@nateps.com
Hi Nate,

I have an application built in Play Framework. In that application, a part consists of a text box which will be edited by number of users simultaneously. Say, one may be inserting letters, other deleting letters , so, they at any instance of time we have to see the same word formed on their webpage. This is where I want to use DerbyJs. Since both Play Framework and DerbyJs are two different frameworks. So, how could I use DerbyJs in combination with Play framework ?

Nate Smith

Apr 28, 2016, 12:23:25 PM4/28/16
to der...@googlegroups.com
If you just want a collaborative text box that is standalone, you probably just want to use ShareDB totally standalone: https://github.com/share/sharedb

Better docs are forthcoming, but the code is now solid and well tested.

Racer is an application model layer around ShareDB and DerbyJS is a web framework on top of that.

Puja Kumari

Apr 28, 2016, 12:34:29 PM4/28/16
to der...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Nate. And what if there are data Structures , Databases  and other utilities, which I want the users to use , all in Play Framework cache.