Problems Getting Started with Derby-Login

Curran Kelleher

Jan 15, 2016, 4:13:32 PM1/15/16
to Derby
Hello,

I'm excited to try out Derby, but I'm stuck on getting started. I did get a basic multi-player notepad example up and running, but I'd like to build a full blown application with authentication and access control. The best place to start for this seems to be generator-derby, opting to use the derby-login option of the generator, and later adopting share-access for access control.

When I generate an application using generator-derby and try to run it (with no modifications), I get the following error:

/Users/curran/repos/derbyTest2/node_modules/derby-login/lib/middleware/index.js:40
  backend.addProjection(options.publicCollection, options.collection, 'json0', options.user);
         ^

TypeError: Cannot read property 'addProjection' of undefined
  at Login.middleware (/Users/curran/repos/derbyTest2/node_modules/derby-login/lib/middleware/index.js:40:10)
  at module.exports (/Users/curran/repos/derbyTest2/server/express.js:36:21)
  at /Users/curran/repos/derbyTest2/server.js:25:3
  at Racer.Derby.run (/Users/curran/repos/derbyTest2/node_modules/derby/lib/Derby.server.js:17:5)
  at Object.<anonymous> (/Users/curran/repos/derbyTest2/server.js:9:7)
  at Module._compile (module.js:397:26)
  at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:404:10)
  at Module.load (module.js:343:32)
  at Function.Module._load (module.js:300:12)
  at Function.Module.runMain (module.js:429:10)
  at startup (node.js:139:18)
  at node.js:999:3

Any ideas on what is going wrong here? It seems to me that generator-derby uses the latest versions of all derby-related packages, which may lead to conflicts due to API changes. I'm just not sure what exactly is conflicting here, or how to resolve this.

I have tracked this as Issue #43 in generator-derby - Error with derby-login and included full details there.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Curran