Steering Committee Meeting 1st July and Discussion this Thursday 17th

Max Wilson

Jun 14, 2021, 7:39:40 AM6/14/21
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I hope you're all doing well and making the most of the sunny weather!

I have scheduled a Steering Committee Meeting for Thursday July 1st with the primary item to approve online banking for the Maker's bank account which will make Brendan's life a lot easier

As the Museum of Making has reopened I think it is well worth a discussion on what we may be able to do there. I personally haven't visited yet but I know a few have and I think there is some knowledge around about how access to the workshop may work. I'll be logging into the zoom meeting this Thursday 17th so please join if you can. The conversation will no doubt continue in the SCM where we may be able to formally make decisions if needed

See you soon!

Max

Gwen Jones

Jun 14, 2021, 9:15:35 AM6/14/21
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I am hoping to join the Zoom meeting on Thursday so I can keep up with what is going on. I have never done a zoom
so any help would be appreciated  Gwen

Max Wilson

Jun 14, 2021, 9:20:20 AM6/14/21
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gwen,

Zoom works on both laptops/computers and smartphones so choose one of them to use and then it should simply be clicking on the link in the zoom meeting invite. You may have to click on a button at a point in the process to allow zoom to launch the meeting. The meeting invite was sent out a couple months ago to the Derby Makers google group (the same as distribution as these emails) so you should have received it. If you can't find it then let me know and I'll forward it to you

Cheers,

Max

Tony Brookes

Jun 14, 2021, 9:30:19 AM6/14/21
to Derby Makers
Hi Gwen
Zooming is simple provide you’ve done your homework.

You’ll need a camera, microphone & speakers. Most laptops have these already. Zoom has a test link, test so use that to check everything is ok. When the time comes for the chat, click on the link (the invite) that Ian has already sent out for a zoom session online. If you haven’t got that tell us via this group and it’ll get sent to you.
Tony

Gwen Jones

Jun 14, 2021, 9:44:04 AM6/14/21
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Just tried the Test. Bit of a shock suddenly seeing myself lol. But everything worked. I would be grateful if someone can send me the invite again
I think I might have deleted it as I was convinced that I would never do Zoom. But hey ho I will give it a try.
Gwen

Max Wilson

Jul 1, 2021, 12:49:55 PM7/1/21
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,

Just a quick reminder about the steering committee meeting tonight at 7, hopefully see you soon :)

Cheers,

Max

Paul Stevens

Jul 2, 2021, 12:36:42 PM7/2/21
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Would you please remove Paul Stevens email address from your mailing list

Thank you,
Regards, Pauline Stevens