recommendations for "low memory footprint" rails or rails-esque environment

1 view

bretweinraub

Jul 10, 2008, 3:57:06 PM7/10/08
to DeRailed - Denver Rails UG

I've got a requirement for very low memory footprint server .... and I
guess mongrel + rails isn't going to qualify.

Has anyone got any data about how much memory Merb chews up?

How 'bout things like "light"?

I guess I'd like a rails-like development environment and a Klone-like
(http://www.koanlogic.com/klone/features.html) runtime memory
footprint. Too much to ask probably. Recommendations for middle
ground gratefully accepted.

Bret
www.ckuru.com

gr...@tkraftsmen.com

Jul 10, 2008, 8:47:26 PM7/10/08
to dera...@googlegroups.com
Gut reaction without knowing much about it: Camping by WhyTheLuckyStiff...  Worth looking at.

Chris Shea

Jul 10, 2008, 10:31:13 PM7/10/08
to dera...@googlegroups.com

Bret,

Adam Wiggins wrote up a little thing about Sinatra that included some
memory usage numbers for Rails, Merb, Ramaze, Sinatra, and Camping:
http://adam.blog.heroku.com/past/2008/6/10/sinatra_my_new_favorite_microframework/

HTH,
Chris

javajames

Jul 11, 2008, 8:12:44 AM7/11/08
to DeRailed - Denver Rails UG
Chris,

Thanks for the link! Like Bret, I've been looking for a microframework
to save on memory, but I need one that offers RESTful resources like
Rails. Sinatra looks like a winner.

James
http://www.bluejazzconsulting.com