[ANN] MountainWest RubyConf 2015 CFP!

Mike Moore

Jan 14, 2015, 12:58:19 PM1/14/15
to dera...@googlegroups.com
Hello and Happy New Year! I am very happy to announce that the MountainWest RubyConf 2015 Call for Proposals is now open!

MountainWest RubyConf 2015
March 9-10, 2015
Salt Lake City, UT

This will be MWRC's nineth year. I look back at where the Ruby community was when we started and the growth is amazing. I am very proud of all the good that has been put into the community by conference speakers and attendees. I hope you will consider adding to that goodness by submitting a proposal this year. I know it will be our best yet.

MWRC 2015 will be on a Monday and Tuesday this year. Why? We are collaborating with our friends at Ruby on Ales and providing two great Ruby conferences over the same weekend. Spend Thursday-Friday in beautiful Bend, OR, and then Monday-Tuesday in Salt Lake City!

Ruby on Ales 2015
March 5-6, 2015
Bend, OR

And of course MountainWest JavaScript is back for its sophomore year. It will be held Tuesday-Wednesday the week prior. You might consider attending both! Ruby and JavaScript are best buds after all. (And the MWJS CFP is also open.)

MountainWest JavaScript 2015
March 3-4, 2015
Salt Lake City, UT

Our selection process includes a blind evaluation by a group of advisors. This means that reviewers cannot see the speaker's name or other information and can only be influenced by the proposal's content. So make sure your proposal stands on its own. If you are unsure on how to write a great proposal or want someone to review, please contact me as I'm full of good advice!

~Mike

Mike Moore

Feb 6, 2015, 11:07:59 PM2/6/15
to dera...@googlegroups.com
Hi all! Just wanted to remind you all that the MWRC CFP ends this weekend. I hope you consider submitting. We'd love to have more regional presenters!